FaithTech leading COVID-19 Global Church Hackathon
“In the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, I believe we have an opportunity to innovate to serve and help the global church like perhaps we never have before,” says FaithTech founder James Kelly. Around the world many churches are no longer meeting in person and need to learn new ways to operate to minister to those God has called them as social isolation and self-quarantine have become the norm.
“My challenge to myself and to you is to say, ‘Will we rise up in this time and do something with our skills and talents that can make a huge impact on the world?’” James says.
From March 28 through April 4, FaithTech will be facilitating the COVID-19 Global Church Hackathon. The online-only hackathon will gather Christians who know technology to create new solutions to the problems facing churches across the globe. A hackathon is an event in which programmers, developers, technologists, designers, and more collaborate intensively on projects to create new solutions to problems.
The scope of the hackathon will be answering two questions:
- How can we enable churches to maintain fellowship in the midst of COVID-19?
- How can we serve marginalized people that are suffering due to COVID-19?
“As people, we will look back on this moment – so let’s choose to leave a legacy that outlasts the current crisis. Let’s build something together that helps the local church do what she does best: bringing faith, hope, and love to the world around us,” says James.
Other COVID-19 responses
For more information on how to adapt to doing ministry during the COVID-19 pandemic, see our article on how to live stream your church as well as this collection of resources on doing ministry at a distance. In addition, stay tuned for more information about our upcoming Indigitous SESSIONS webinars, “Ministry from a Distance,” which will be launched next week.
Write the vision; make it plain on tablets, so he may run who reads it. (Habakkuk 2:2)
- If you’re a technologist, register for the COVID-19 Global Church Hackathon.
- If you’re a church or ministry leader who is not already live streaming your service, read this article and start streaming.
- If you’re a church or ministry leader looking for new ways to do ministry from a distance, read this article and sign up for the webinar.