Indigitous #HACK is returning to Melbourne in October! Check back soon for registration and more information.
Indigitous #HACK is an innovative and unique opportunity to get involved in the intersection of technology, faith and the common good. Join this exciting event to collaborate on solutions for large-scale issues facing our present world. Come unleash your potential as a technologist or creative in a growing community who is passionate about using God-given talents for good on a global scale.
If you’re a developer, marketer, engineer, technologist, entrepreneur, designer, strategist or passionate about having an impact through technology, come join us!
Things to help with ahead of time
- Join the Melbourne hub to stay updated
- Be a professional expert/mentor for #Hack
- Give funds or supply the event with food, swag and prizes for the teams
- Share this page and the Facebook event with others
Message a hub leader to offer your help. Doing these things will make #Hack Melbourne the best event possible!
- “God’s Gift” – A new Street Ministry tool for reaching local and international travelers
- Use artificial intelligence to help missionaries learn foreign languages in half the time – Language Learning AI Coach
- WaterStars.org – secular activism that funds aid, mercy & evangelism in the developing world
- Connecting well to a church gathering via mobile device
- Beat internet algorithms to engage non-interested or non-seekers
- Challenge mobile gamers with a “good” gospel themed game – Breaking christian game stereotypes
- Course Editor for WalkBeside.org (discipleship) and JOI Mobile app (seekers) projects
- JOI & WalkBeside Mobile App (will display the interactive courses)
Amount of participants will determine how many challenges will be worked on in Melbourne. Also if you have a great idea for #Hack challenge message a hub leader
What is the schedule for the weekend?
- Friday Oct. 19th: Doors open from 5 PM
Local event start 7pm – 12 AM (we’ll see how we’re going)
- Saturday Oct. 20th: 8 AM – 12 AM (we’ll see how we’re going)
- Sunday Oct. 21st: 8 AM – 5 PM
- Global connect call before lunch
What should I bring?
You should bring your own equipment: laptops, smartphones, camera, editing equipment, spare monitors, raspberry pis, arduinos, etc. Anything that could help you contribute to a project.
Is food provided?
- Breakfast and lunch will be provided Saturday and Sunday
- Dinner provided Saturday
- Snacks will be provided throughout the event
- Please complete the dietary requirements in the registration if applicable
- Cans of soft drink will be available for purchase (for a gold coin) outside of main meals