Indigitous #HACK is an innovative and unique opportunity to get involved in the intersection of technology, faith and the common good. Join this exciting event to collaborate on solutions for large-scale issues facing our present world. Come unleash your potential as a technologist or creative in a growing community who is passionate about using God-given talents for good on a global scale.
If you’re a developer, marketer, engineer, technologist, film maker, entrepreneur, designer, strategist or passionate about having an impact through technology, come join us!
Message a hub leader with any questions.
Things to help with ahead of time
- Join the Melbourne hub to stay updated
- Be a professional expert/mentor for #Hack
- Give funds or supply the event with food, swag and prizes for the teams
- Share this page others and the event page on Facebook
If you have a great idea for #Hack challenge, want to offer your help or have any questions message Josh (@nextempus on slack). Doing these things will make #Hack Melbourne the best event possible!
Slack server info
If you’re not part of the slack channel for Melbourne you should jump in there, introduce yourself and start chatting with others. You can join the slack channel through kingdombuilders.io/slack and then join the #hack-in-melbourne channel.
What are the challenges this year?
- GoSend – Connecting ministry workers with supporters across the world (contact @vince on slack, Read more)
- Walk Beside – develop natural conversation trees & presentation to help Christians form meaningful relationships as they mentor or disciple others online (contact @tohagan on slack, Read more about the app)
- Breaking Christian game stereotypes – Simple fun smartphone game creating interest in Jesus and a relationship with God that any gamer would want to play (contact @nextempus on slack, Read more)
What is the schedule for the weekend?
- Friday Oct. 4th: Doors open from 5 PM
Local event start 7pm – 12 AM (we’ll see how we’re going)
- Saturday Oct. 5th: 8 AM – 12 AM (we’ll see how we’re going)
- Sunday Oct. 6th: 8 AM – 5 PM
What should I bring?
You should bring your own equipment: laptops, smartphones, camera, editing equipment, spare monitors, raspberry pis, arduinos, etc. Anything that could help you contribute to a project.
Is food provided?
- Breakfast and lunch will be provided Saturday and Sunday
- Dinner provided Saturday
- Snacks will be provided throughout the event
- Please complete the dietary requirements in the registration if applicable
- Cans of soft drink will be available for purchase (for a gold coin) outside of main meals