According to the Subscribers statistics on the NCC site (www.ncc.gov.ng) as at August 2015, there are over 150million active mobile/telephone users and over 90million mobile Internet users in Nigeria.
A quiet revolution has been taking place. It rarely gets mentioned in the news, but it is impacting every corner of the globe. Young and old, rich and poor – no one has escaped its reach. This revolution is the rapid increase in the use of mobile phones, even in some of the most remote places. The number of mobile phone subscriptions actually out numbers the world’s population. And mobile phones aren’t only good for staying connected with work or catching up with friends: they can be a tool for engaging people with media that effectively communicates the Good News of Jesus Christ. This event will create the opportunity to Network, Learn and Collaborate on digital strategies to maximize the potential of mobile use in Africa for evangelism all the way to high-level discipleship process.
There will be learning through delivering best practices from around the world. These are real stories from real people making a real difference, and we shall apply our learning through hands-on engagement with active field projects. You will get to use your skills to accelerate current projects so they get out faster and better.
WHY YOU SHOULD COME
- We are gathering 150 Christian Bloggers, Programmers, Web Designers, Writers, Coders, Videographers, Photographers, Animators, Church Media Personnel, Youth leaders, Ministry Leaders, Field/Online Missionaries, Christian Social media users and enthusiasts, etc, across the Nation (especially South-West) to Network, Learn and Collaborate.
- We are gathering to LEARN How to Develop and Use Mobile App, Whatsapp, Short-Films, Photography & Writing, SMS, and Social Media to win people to Christ, build disciples towards maturity, send people out to multiply this process in the lives of many others.
- We are gathering to brainstorm and initiate App, Short-Film and Writing Projects, which we shall continue to work on till next Indigitous conference as we continue to use everything we have learnt in this conference for ministry.
SO IF YOU ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT CONNECTING THE LOST WITH JESUS CHRIST
AND YOU ARE READY TO CONNECT WITH OTHER CHRISTIANS PASSIONATE
ABOUT SHARING JESUS USING DIGITAL STRATEGIES.
YOU ARE INVITED!
WHAT IS INDIGITOUS?
“Indigitous is a movement passionate about connecting people to Jesus Christ using digital strategies.”
Our name, “Indigitous” comes from the fusion of two ideas important to us:
Indigenous + Digital
Indigenous because it reflects our desire for locally-generated strategies that work in each generation, language and culture.
Digital because we believe digital tools, resources, platforms and strategies can accelerate God’s mission.
THIS CONFERENCE IS DESIGNED FOR:
- Young Digital Practitioners: Are you a Christian Blogger, Coder, App Developer, Web Designer, Graphic Designer, Techie, Writer, Photographer, Videographer, Animator, work in the church media department? Do you need to be resourced with best practices, case studies, flexible approaches? Do you need a personal digital strategy, inspiration and commissioning? Join us!
- Positioned Organizational Leader: Are you a CEO, leading ministry in different setups? Do you provide spiritual and strategic direction to youth, church and organizations? Are you looking for a solution on how to use digital means to accelerate your ministry? This is for you too!
- Generalists: Do you impact people digitally through the use of social media, using mobile apps, and videos? This is also for you!
BREAKOUT SESSIONS FOR INDIGITOUS # LAGOS
There will be four (5) breakout session for this indigitous Conference to learn/discuss and have hands on practice.
- SMS for evangelism & discipleship (where no or limited Internet services exist)
- Use of Whatsapp for evangelism & discipleship
- Short Videos for evangelism & discipleship
- Photography & Writing for Web ministry
- Mobile App (Develop & Use for ministry)
Other Areas for future Indigitous Breakout Sessions
- Socia Media (facebook)
- Shortfilms (creating & using for Evangelism, Discipleship & Teaching)
- Basic Web Design/Blogging
- Writing for Seekers
- Mobile App Projects
- Church/Parachurch Management Softwares
- Add to the list