Are you a man of faith who wants to help his buddies investigate Jesus and Christianty, but lacks the confidence and tools to do so?
A new event from Tyler Ellis is designed to help you build that confidence while providing tools and resources to help you regularly share your faith and make disciples.
How Do you feel about sharing your faith?
God calls all of his followers to make disciples, but most Christians don’t regularly share their faith. Do any of these feelings come to mind when you think about sharing your faith?
- 𝗨𝗡𝗦𝗨𝗥𝗘 if trying to “convert” someone to the Christian faith is even the right thing to do
- 𝗖𝗢𝗡𝗙𝗨𝗦𝗘𝗗 about how Christianity is any different from other religions
- 𝗨𝗡𝗪𝗢𝗥𝗧𝗛𝗬 to share your faith because of your personal struggles and inconsistencies
- 𝗛𝗬𝗣𝗢𝗖𝗥𝗜𝗧𝗜𝗖𝗔𝗟 because you still have questions and doubts of your own
- 𝗜𝗡𝗔𝗗𝗘𝗤𝗨𝗔𝗧𝗘 to share your faith because you’ve never been to seminary, and evangelism is not your spiritual gift
- 𝗙𝗥𝗨𝗦𝗧𝗥𝗔𝗧𝗘𝗗 because deep down you believe you have a purpose that’s meant to impact eternity, but you don’t have a clue where to start
- 𝗛𝗘𝗦𝗜𝗧𝗔𝗡𝗧 to initiate spiritual conversations because you don’t think your friends would take you seriously
- 𝗚𝗨𝗜𝗟𝗧𝗬 for keeping the message of Jesus to yourself
- 𝗡𝗘𝗥𝗩𝗢𝗨𝗦 about looking stupid when someone asks you a question you can’t answer
- 𝗔𝗙𝗥𝗔𝗜𝗗 to be associated with embarrassing Christians who make you cringe
- 𝗪𝗢𝗥𝗥𝗜𝗘𝗗 that if you do share your faith, you might lose a friend as a result
- 𝗢𝗩𝗘𝗥𝗪𝗛𝗘𝗟𝗠𝗘𝗗 at the thought that the Creator of the world actually knows you personally, loves you personally, and is shoulder-tapping you personally to make disciple of all nations
If any of those feelings describe you, this training event is designed to help you gain the tools, strategies, and confidence to share your faith and make disciples.
How it works
This men’s event, sponsored by the Lee Strobel Center for Evangelism and Applied Apologetics, begins on Monday, September 6 and features two hours of online training each day. The first hour will be a live stream hosted in a private Facebook group. The second hour will be interactive, with attendees joining via Zoom for a time of Q&A.
What you’ll learn
- How to identify beliefs, barriers, and starting points by leveraging the power of asking questions and listening well
- How to share the Gospel in a personal and confident way
- How to utilize resources like books, videos, apps, questionnaires, and even playing cards through a choose-your-own-adventure approach
- How to help your seeking friends make spiritual discoveries that touch their head, heart, and hands
This isn’t just eight days of lectures.
The 8-Day Disciple Maker Challenge will be interactive, and each attendee will receive the following:
- Downloadable notebook
- Helpful resources
- Exciting prizes
- Daily action steps
- Replay videos for those who missed the live sessions
Who should attend
This training event is intended for any Christian men who want to make get more effective and comfortable at making disciples.
About Tyler Ellis
After several mission trips and nearly 15 years as a college minister, Tyler launched a ministry called Let’s Talk Story, through which he trains Christians to develop cross-cultural friendships by means of conversational English using the Bible.
Tyler developed this training event based on his experience and research from 20 years of full-time ministry. One of many tools he will share during the training is the interview technique he used in college ministry that resulted in 25% of the people eventually coming to Christ. Tyler previously spoke about that ministry technique in his TEDx talk and in a series of articles for Indigitous.