Thank you for using Indigitous! This Privacy Notice explains what information we collect, how we use it, and what choices you have. We have tried to make the explanations clear and simple.
1. What information do we collect?
A) Information you give to us
When you sign up for or use our products, you voluntarily give us certain information. This can include your name, email address, comments, profile information and any other information you provide to us.
B) Technical information about use of our products
Whenever you use a website, mobile application, or other internet service, there’s certain information that almost always gets created and recorded automatically. The same is true when you use our products. Here are some of the types of information we collect:
- Log data. When you use our products, our servers automatically record information (“log data”) including information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website or your mobile app sends when you’re using it. This log data may include your Internet Protocol address, browser type and settings, the date and time of your use, and cookie data.
- Device information. In addition to log data, we may also collect information about the device you’re using our products on, including what type of device it is, what operating system you’re using, device settings, unique device identifiers, and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you’re using and its settings. For example, different types of information are available depending on the type of browser you are using and the type of device that browser is installed on for eg. Mac or a PC, iPhone or an Android phone. To learn more about what information your device or browser makes available to us, please also check the policies of your device manufacturer or software provider.
2. How do we use the information we collect?
We use the information we collect to provide our products to you and make them better, develop new features, and protect our products and our users. For example, we may log how often people use two different versions of a page, which can help us understand which is better.
We also use the information we collect to:
- Send you updates (such as when certain activity happens on the platform), provide notifications, email, and other material that may be of interest to you. You can decide to stop getting email updates through unsubscribe options provided in email communication.
- Help your friends and contacts find you in our products.
- Respond to your questions or comments.
The information we collect may be “personally identifiable” (meaning it can be used to specifically identify you as a unique person) or “non-personally identifiable” (meaning it can’t be used to specifically identify you). We use both types of information, and combinations of both types, as described above. We may use or store information wherever we do ministry, including countries outside your own.
3. What choices do you have about your information?
Our goal is to give you simple and meaningful choices regarding your information. If you have a Indigitous account, many of the choices you have are built directly into your profile in the account settings. For example, you can:
- Access and change your information when logged into your profile at any time, including your profile photo, your name, email address and other specific profile information.
- Close your account at any time. To do so, login to your account goto>profile>serttings>delete account. With your instruction, we will then delete your account. We may retain archived copies of your information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes (including to help address fraud and spam).
You may have choices available to you through the device or software you use to access our products. For example:
- The browser you use may provide you with the ability to control cookies or other types of local data storage. (To learn more about these choices, please see the information provided by the device or software provider).
4. How and when do we share information?
Indigitous is a tool people use to share and discuss relevant ministry ideas, strategies and projects with others. When you use Indigitous as a public platform, what you share (outside of private messages to other users) is public. The other limited instances where we may share your personal information include:
- When we have your consent.
- We may employ third party companies or individuals to process personal information on our behalf based on our instructions and in compliance with this Privacy Notice. For example, we may share data with a security consultant to help us get better at identifying spam.
- If we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation, or legal request; to protect the safety, rights or property of the public, any person or Indigitous, or to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- We may engage in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, or similar transaction or proceeding that involves the transfer of the information described in this Policy.
We may also share aggregate or non-personally identifiable information with our partners, vendors or others. For example, we may tell a ministry partner or donor how many people joined a certain project, Indigitous event, or the percentage of people who have a heart for Church plating etc.
5. Our policy on children’s information.
Indigitous is not directed to children under the age of 13. If you learn that your minor child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us.
6. How do we make changes to this policy?
We may change this policy from time to time, and if we do we’ll post any changes on this page. If you continue to use Indigitous after those changes are in effect, you agree to the revised notice. If the changes are significant, we may provide more prominent notice or obtain your consent as required by law.
Effective: Sep 7th, 2016